Æblerov workshop and tasting
Jan 15, 2020 · 19:00 - Jan 15, 2020 · 21:00 (local time)
This month, Brew Geeks will venture from our familiar territory of brewing beer to learn about the fine craft of producing world-class cider. Morten and Andreas from Æblerov will join us to share their production process.
They'll even bring a collection of bottles and lead us on a guided tasting adventure into the nuance of cider and beer/cider hybrids.
- Benene På Nakken '17 and Benene På Nakken '18: To compare vintages and taste development in packaged product.
- Frankofil: An example of classic french farmhouse cider.
- Black Label: Wine/cider hybrid
- Både& #4, cider/beer hybrid: Collaboration with Warpigs. Sour wort from Warpigs blended with cider and a maceration of plums.
- Ghost Cider, cider/beer hybrid: Cider fermented with the lees from Belgian saison and lambic.
For only 70kr for six different 5cl pours!
As always, after the event, you are welcome to bring up to 750ml of your own brew to share with each other.
While this is a Brew Geeks event, it is open to everyone!
--------About Brew Geeks------
Did you know -- Mikkeller first gained global recognition for their Beer Geek Breakfast while homebrewing out of Mikkel's kitchen here in Copenhagen? To honor this rich history of homebrewing within Mikkeller, we started our own homebrew club. We meet once a month to:
*Share homebrew -- You can bring up to 2 bottles/person
*Learn from professionals -- We do our best to bring in a pro every time to give a short talk about brewing
*Grow into a better brewer -- Seek advice from other homebrewers
*Most importantly, relax, don't worry, have a homebrew.
Not a homebrewer yet? No problem. Come to learn, get inspired, and meet new friends to help you get started making your own beer. It's easier than you might think.
Want to be a Brew Geek? Join our group at the link below. :)